Sat, 12 May 2018 by Steve Klein
The blank slate offered by Georgetown TX new homes gives buyers the perfect opportunity to create a great backyard that will be the perfect spot to enjoy summer in style. Whether you like to sway in a hammock on a lazy Sunday afternoon or invite the entire block for a barbeque, here are some ways to make your backyard a haven of relaxation:
- Fire pit. Putting a fire pit in your backyard can be as easy as buying a prefabricated metal ring or as elaborate as having a landscaped stone fire pit area installed by a professional. Either way, remember to purchase accessories like hot dog roasting sticks and mountain pie irons to get the full benefit of your new feature.
- Pool. There’s truly a perfect pool for any backyard. A plastic wading pool is a great start for pets or toddlers, while a luxurious in-ground pool with waterfall and lights will be ideal for entertaining.
- Picnic table or patio table. Enjoy dining al fresco from spring through fall. Place your outdoor table where it will receive shade during the hottest parts of the day.
- Trellis/arbor/pergola. These structures provide a base for vining plants such as wisteria or honeysuckle, which in turn will create a shady nook for beauty and privacy.
- Playhouse/treehouse/swingset. Turn your backyard into a kids’ paradise with accessories just for them.
- Porch swing. Not just for porches, these come in a variety of styles and can be situated to allow the best view of your backyard.
- Lighting. Spotlights on the backyard can help illuminate nighttime activities, while solar sidewalk lights and string lights create a welcoming, festive atmosphere.
- Grill. Who doesn’t love a weekend barbecue? Budget-conscious homeowners can start with a charcoal kettle grill, while weekend warriors might prefer a feature-laden gas grill with all the extras.
- Hammock. Perhaps the epitome of backyard relaxation, a hammock can be strung between two trees or installed on its own stand.
- Sports area. The flattest part of your yard could be a great place to set up a badminton or volleyball net. If those aren’t for you, try bocce, cornhole or horseshoes.
If you’re ready to find a new home with the perfect backyard for summer fun, contact Steve Klein Custom Homebuilder at 512-844-6813 to see their available Georgetown TX new homes.