Sun, 18 Mar 2018 by Steve Klein
On Easter Sunday, thousands of homes in Georgetown TX will be abuzz with preparations for a special holiday meal. Whether it’s brunch, lunch or dinner, you can make your table stand out from the rest with these 10 ideas for creative Easter décor:
- Mark each person’s place at the table with a colorful plastic egg labeled with their name. Put a few pieces of candy inside, or even a small toy for each of the kids. Place each egg in a raffia “nest.”
- If your gathering is adults-only, consider going with an elegant theme. Use a formal tablecloth, real cloth napkins and Grandma’s antique silverware.
- For a more lighthearted theme, decorate the table with colored eggs in pretty baskets and flavored jellybeans in glass jars. Tuck rabbit or chick figurines among them.
- Use a tablecloth that suits the mood of your gathering. If cartoonish bunnies and eggs aren’t your speed, use a floral, checkered or paisley tablecloth in your favorite spring colors.
- Napkins can help set the tone of your table. Fold them into clever shapes using instructions you find online, or circle them with a festive napkin ring. Coordinate the color of your napkins with the tablecloth or use contrasting colors for a more vivid effect.
- Since Easter dinner is a special occasion, go ahead and get out your best china and serving pieces, even if the mood is casual. Try mixing and matching different sets of china if you want to keep things informal.
- Add flowers or blooming bulbs for a fresh touch of spring. Try daffodils, tulips or even blooming branches cut from your back yard.
- Use an attractive display of grapes, kiwis, oranges or other fruit for a centerpiece. As a bonus, your guests can help themselves to the fruit for dessert.
- For a country feel, set out cut flowers in mason jars on either side of a rustic basket filled with eggs nestled on straw-colored raffia.
- If the weather permits, turn your Easter meal into an outdoor picnic and let Mother Nature be your decorator!
Easter meals can be more enjoyable in a spacious new home from Steve Klein Custom Homebuilder. Call 512-844-6813 to request more information about their new homes in Georgetown TX.