Sat, 03 Mar 2018 by Steve Klein
Ready to shop for new homes in Georgetown TX? The city has so much to offer that it’s easy to plan a great day out that includes a visit to some of the area’s best new home communities. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Georgetown’s center, dubbed “The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas,” is a must-see. History lovers will enjoy a visit to the Williamson Museum or guided tours of the Williamson County Courthouse on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
- Special events in the town square include the Pistons on the Square car show on the third Saturday of every month, live music during Music on the Square most Friday evenings from June through August and the Red Poppy Festival April 27-29. The Festival features a parade, car show, live music, artisan booths and more.
- For a touch of nature, hike or bike the system of trails that connects several of the town’s parks along the North and South San Gabriel Rivers. No need to bring your own bike–the town has a free bicycle share program based at the Georgetown Visitor Center on West 7th Street.
- To cool off on a hot day, check out the Blue Hole lagoon five blocks north of the town square. Wade in the water and enjoy a picnic lunch, or take a walk along one of the trails.
- If you prefer indoor dining, have a meal at one of Georgetown’s unique restaurants, such as Wildfire, The Hollow, Monumento or Gumbo’s.
- Take in a show at Georgetown Palace Theatre on South Austin Avenue. Upcoming performances include “Barefoot in the Park,” “Mame” and “My Fair Lady.”
- Art lovers will want to drop in at Georgetown Art Center on South Main Street for exhibits of work by nationally known artists and a gift shop that features work by local artists and artisans.
Shop for your new house. Steve Klein Custom Homebuilder has four beautiful communities of new homes in the Georgetown area. A range of home sizes and community styles means there’s a Steve Klein home that’s just right for you. Contact us at 512-844-6813 to schedule a tour of our new homes in Georgetown TX.