This year is expected to be a great one for Georgetown TX, one of the top five fastest growing cities of its size in the country. The popularity of Georgetown TX new homes will increase as more people are drawn to the city. Known for having “The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas,” Georgetown will soon be home to many more attractive and functional amenities to meet the needs of its booming population.
- Georgetown will have a new park opening in 2018. Garey Park will cover 525 acres and include hiking and horseback riding trails, picnic areas, the Garey House event center and an equestrian center. In addition, renovations will be underway at San Gabriel Park. When completed, the park will include a new trail to the neighborhood of Katy Crossing.
- A newly renovated and consolidated downtown campus will include City Hall, the Council Chambers and Municipal Court. The project should be completed by the end of the year. Two new fire stations will be under construction to improve response times for medical and firefighting services. Fire Station 6 will be built on Williams Drive on the city’s northwest side. On the east side, construction will begin on Fire Station 7 on University Avenue.
- The city’s largest-ever road project, the Southwest Bypass, will be opened to aid traffic flow in the south and west ends of the city. Three new water towers will ensure a plentiful supply to the town’s residents and businesses.
- More shopping options will be added with the opening of the Randall’s grocery store on Williams Drive and the future Wolf Crossing retail complex next to Wolf Ranch.
- Additional jobs will be provided by the construction of the new Holt Cat center on Airport Road. When the facility opens it will create 129 new jobs centered around sales and service of Caterpillar equipment.
- In the summer of 2018 Georgetown will transition to receiving 100% of its power from solar and wind sources. The solar power will be supplied by a West Texas 150-megawatt facility.
Georgetown is a friendly city with a unique combination of historic roots and modern innovation. To make the most of all the city has to offer, contact Steve Klein Custom Homebuilder to view their Georgetown TX new homes.