Summer is here! New homes in Victoria TX provide the perfect backdrop for decorating with bright colors, lighter fabrics and fresh flowers. Try these easy, fun ideas for fresh summer decor!
- Show your summer spirit by bringing out your lightest and brightest porch furniture. Give it a good scrubbing if needed and repaint fading or chipped wicker or metal. Cover the cushions with a bright-colored fabric and add a couple of coordinating throw pillows.
- Accessorize a small table with a few potted flowers, or bring your houseplants outdoors.
- Put a fresh new welcome mat outside the front door.
- For a final touch, dress up the door with a summery wreath made with silk flowers or even live succulents.
Family Room/Living Room
- To change the look of the room without investing a lot of money, cover the upholstered furniture with slipcovers. Choose light colors, bright patterns or florals for a cheery look. Throw pillows can also benefit from a seasonal update.
- Redecorate the mantle with a vase of fresh flowers or glass bowl filled with seashells. Change bouquets regularly as blossoms fade.
- Consider changing out heavy winter window treatments for lighter curtains.
- Swap out dark or dingy area rugs for new ones to match your summer mood.
- Look for themed dish towels for a fun, informal touch in the kitchen.
- Change the dining room tablecloth, runner or placemats. This is a great place to express your personality with festive prints and colors.
- Replace candles or bowls of fruit with a pretty vase of fresh flowers that you purchase or cut from your own garden.
- Serve more fresh fruits and vegetables! Salads, crudites and fruit platters are even more tasty and refreshing when served in season.
Bedrooms & Baths
- Change to lighter-weight bed linens. Cotton sheets are cooler on the skin on warm summer nights.
- Novelty hand towels will add a touch of summer whimsy in the bathroom.
Steve Klein Custom Builder has homes you’ll love to decorate for summer! Call today at 361-572-4101 to learn more about our new homes in Victoria TX.